Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Buyer's Remorse

When we decided on this house it was with the understanding I would leave all the paint colors as is with the exception of Lily's room.  It's a deep blue.  Despite the room having two large windows it's a very dark room because of the paint.  We were given permission by the owner to paint however we wanted.  In my mind I was picturing a lilac shade.  I wanted something bright and airy.  We've been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so the house could be opened up during the painting.  In the mean time Lily's been living in a mish-mash room.  Nothing is on the walls, and she's using left over curtains from our old house (mismatched) to block out the afternoon sun during nap time.  I did find a rug and a lamp for her room, and it was from there I was wanting to pull the color of her room. This past weekend we went to Home Depot and chose Lily's color. 

Her room is not going to be lilac.  I don't know what came over me. 


It's a Disney color called Enchanted Evening.  I spent the past two afternoons taping and painting the edges and corners.  There's a lot of edges in this room.  There's trim on the bedroom door, closet door, two windows, baseboard, and crown moulding.  When we picked the color I was a bit reluctant, but Cayce really liked it and said it would cover the blue better.  (We purchased the paint and primer in one.)  On the little card it wasn't so shocking, now on the walls, well.... it's shocking.  On the upside it still matches the rug and lamp.  As a matter of fact there is a shade of pink on the lamp that is exactly the same. 

The purpose of painting Lily's room is still accomplished.  I wanted to rid the boy theme in the room and clearly mark her room as a girls'.  I'm trying to get over my dislike of the color.  I've told myself once her pictures are on the wall, and I get some neutralizing curtains it won't look so bad.  We'll finish painting this weekend, and hopefully once it's all put together it will turn into the girl's room of my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment